Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On relocation

I've not been feeling like it's the run-up to Christmas. I've been wondering why this is, and have finally realised that my situation this year is unique so far in my life. Last year, I came to the USA in mid-December, with my body having seen the usual shortening of the days at 51° North.

This year, the shortening of the days has been as expected for 37° North. However, my body has not figured out that I've moved roughly 14° Southwards, and so it's insisting that it's roughly the end of October. Despite this, the Solstice has passed. I'm still not in my usual Winter funk, and I think I may escape it entirely. I'm frankly astounded at how much difference this has made.

I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.