Friday, May 2, 2008

On new responsibilities

I'm in a succession game of Dwarf Fortress, in a place called Swampmurder. I've just received the note from the previous overseer...

A little background.

It's a pisshole in the swamp. It's in Blessed wilderness though, so you shouldn't have much to do with wild animals.
The goblins and kobolds have been mostly quiet Save for an attack that took our finest mechanic. To the northeast, there is a vein of native platinum. to your direct east there is a pit mine just past the farms.
The underground farms are directly below the moat. The one on the left is permanently flooded due to mishaps with the waterfall.
Speaking of the waterfall, it is lovely, just don't forget to turn it off. If you manage to drain out the plumbing for it, you may be able to keep it running full time.
You have one legendary armorsmith, me. He is also the metalworker, and a damn good weaponsmith.
The workshops are directly past the main entrance hall. It's so backlogged with crap needing to be done it's not even funny.
I'll let you run the rest.

Looks like I have my work cut out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.