Friday, January 9, 2009

On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again...

So, I now have had an actual driving lesson. After getting rather nervous beforehand, the instructor was very helpful in getting me started with the basics. Two hours of driving followed. I topped out at about 45mph(!), didn't hit anything, and even managed to do half-decently at the unprotected left turn.

I need to work on my multitasking, on braking finesse, and on not being quite so nervous about speed. I also need to improve my lane changes. Overall, though, I've made a good start, and will not need too much instruction before being ready to take my test.

Immediately after the test was when I got my first craving for a cigarette in some time. I guess addiction never really leaves one, but I simply dismissed it and headed in to reassure the kitties that Daddy was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.