Friday, April 10, 2009

Finding myself in default

The LA has a rather sporty little car which, now I have a license, I'm allowed to drive on my own. This car, among its many shiny and youth-oriented features, has a stereo with extra inputs. It won't play cassettes, which is frankly unsurprising, but it will play burned CDs full of mp3s, and it will speak iPod. It also has a 3.5mm (US folks: 1/8", the size of the headphone socket on your iPod) input socket for raw audio from wherever. The LA generally uses her iPod to provide music, but has on occasion allowed me to use my not-an-iPod to play some of my music. However, this has always led to complaints of it being ridiculously bass-heavy, and justifiably so. I had always been under the impression that the bass boost misfeature of my equipment was as turned off as it had always been.

Well, today, for the first time since I got the thing, I actually inspected that portion of its settings menu.

Guess what had been active all along, ever since shipping?

I've only had the blasted thing four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.