Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

I'm actually kind of glad I didn't get into the game I'd registered for today. I'm tired out.

Friday: a Good Omens GM running The Gift, which is an excellent intro to Burning Wheel. This game made it imperative that I buy the system.
Saturday: an SCA combat demo, and then in the evening, a game of B-17: Queen of the Skies, which started as an Avalon Hill game. By this time, it's evolved, and is... well, it's pretty darned brutal. In my squadron of six, one plane blew up in midair on the way to the target, one plane lost most of its defensive armament, along with his radio (which meant no participation in the conference regarding the aiming point) and I lost my radio and my entire oxygen system. This was pretty typical. I shall definitely be looking out for it, because while it's a long game (I had to drop out just as we left the target zone, which was four hours after the start time) it's extremely fun, and the guy who runs it is a good man.

Today, well... we showed up, but I overloaded pretty fast, so we headed home.

Over the weekend, I also aquired a d4 that actually rolls (it's a I, II, III, IV thrice d12) and a d10 that's a Platonic solid (0-9 twice on an icosahedron). Along with a t-shirt proclaiming "All I see around me is Chaos, Panic and Disorder. At last, my work here is done."

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.