Monday, May 4, 2009

Really, really official.

Yet another signing binge today, as the LA and I bought me a car. The paperwork is en route, and once it's all done, I will be the proud owner of a 1994 Volvo 940. Somewhat of a step up from the early 1980s 24xs my father used to drive, way back when, but still very familiar territory. It even smells like a Volvo.

It also has a boot (trunk for the Americans) which would fit two, maybe even three bodies, enough backseat space that I can sit behind a driver's seat set up for me (at 5" taller than the LA, this makes a difference), lots of cubbyholes, and a tape deck. I therefore took it to Fry's first thing to invest in a tape adaptor for my mp3 player.

Tomorrow, I'm coming as close as I get to detailing it. Going to pry the pencils out of the seat runners, bag up the personal items the previous owners left in it, and so on.

It even has a name: Grigori, after one Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin. The levels of indestructibility are expected to be similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.