Sunday, November 21, 2010

What I've been up to of late

It's taken me a while, but I've finally found a gaming group. In addition to the Tuesday evenings at the store, when I play board games, we have a small meetup of five people (we're auditioning a sixth at our next meeting, despite awkward timing due to the LA having a singing engagement that day) on most Sundays. We meet at somebody's house or apartment, warm up by talking for a while or playing a boardgame, and then launch into a full-blown roleplaying game. It's rather nice to be able to relax and throw dice for a while. I'm not currently running a game, but I shall get my chance soon enough. Astoundingly, I'm currently the eldest of the group at thirty; we've one in his early twenties, two in their late twenties, and one I can't quite pin down but would guess at about 25. Be that as it may, the possibly-youngest is currently shouldering the GM's burden as we rampage through the Star Wars universe, cutting a cauterised swath with our everpresent lightsabres, having a grand old time. I've even gotten to the point of making a semi-automated spreadsheet of my character's stats, and making it accessible from my smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After some particularly vile spam showed up, I have disabled the ability to comment as a nonny-mouse.